Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sharing with omnivores

Just got back from a 5 day vacation on Lake Crescent WA. Me, hubby, darling daughter and her boyfriend. They made the meaty main course and I shared my vegan "side dishes" with them. They loved them. I admit I tasted their fish and egg scramble, but didn't touch the bbq chicken.  I was quite happy and not deprived eating quinioa/black bean salad, split pea soup with yam,  cabbage bean salad and for simpler fare, hummus, pumpernickle, low carb veggies, salad, and lots of fruit. Daughter and her BF liked everything. Just not sure how to convince someone they don't need all that heavy animal protein. Well, in 12 step we say it's a program of attraction rather than promotion. Somehow with the unsustainability of feeding people animals, it makes me think promotion may be a good idea.

I just read on J Morris Hick's blog where he is recruiting President Clinton to promote a plant based diet. Who better to do it? I highly recommend JMH's blog:

http://hpjmh.com/2011/09/20/matt-lauer-to-bill-clinton-does-being-a-vegan-suck/

No comments:

Post a Comment