Monday, August 29, 2011

Welcome! to Mostly Plants for Recovery from Food Addiction

Hi, I'm Johannah. 

I decided to start blogging my experience with a plant based whole foods low fat food plan and how it supports my recovery from food addiction and compulsive overeating. I started eating mostly plants in February 2011, though I had been abstaining from the bigger binge behaviors since February 2010. 

I am focused on the unwanted food related behaviors and body image issues rather than the weight. It may be useful to state what my stats are though: Starting weight 160 in Feb 2010 and now 135.  (5'2" 57yo F) Improved blood pressure, skin rashes gone, increased energy and better mood.

You may have guessed from my language that I also follow a 12 step food  recovery program.

My current health gurus: T. Colin Campbell (The China Study), Neal Barnard (PCRM-Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine), John McDougall, Joel Fuhrman, Caldwell Esselstyn etc...

Ok, this is the first post.  so we'll see how this goes. Maybe I'll even learn how to fancy up the pages with pictures!
I'll be revealing more of my story as days go on. Background, recovery process over 10 years, and a whole lot of my daily challenges with food and food related behaviors.

1 comment:

  1. This was 2011, but I just found it. Are you still blogging?

    ReplyDelete